Monday, January 18, 2010

Chops!


Pic 1: Since I didn't get all my parts for my smoker, I went ahead and threw some chops on the grill. I kept it pretty simple. I seasoned them lightly with pepper and salt and a little lime juice and let them sit overnight in the fridge.





Pic 2: I got this product in with my smoker. It's a remote digital thermometer. This is a beautiful thing. There's a thermometer probe that runs to a sending unit. The remote unit sits inside with you. You just wait for it to hit the right internal temp and all's good.





Pic 3: The finished product. After the chops hit 170, I sauced them over direct heat with my sweet/spicy sauce. I thought the sauce might overpower the taste of the pork, but it just wasn't the case. It added a nice, sweet dimension allowing the flavor of the meat to shine.

Very nice.

3 comments:

Kate P said...

MMM!!! (BTW I had to sneak a peek when the cat wasn't looking or she'd have tackled my laptop to get to the pork goodies.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gabriella said...

Great Great Great Blog

Your blog is so excellent. I am your regular reader of your blog.

I follow your blog. I like your way of posting.

Hey i am interesting in adding your http://halfapica.blogspot.com/
in my blog
http://spacestation-shuttle.blogspot.com/


I am honored to add it to my blog in right side bar links.

Will you add my blog in your blog list

Thanks for visiting my blog as well!

Please reply dear.