Monday, July 17, 2006

The Best Metal Song Ever! Nomination thread

Good morning Metal-ites. Today I start the reader-assisted portion of Heavy Metal Theme Week. This poll is for the Best Heavy Metal Song Ever. The song you think of whenever you think of heavy metal. When some dude flashes you the devil horn hand symbol, you think of this song. When there's a guy with a Jackson guitar and a Marshal half stack, this is the song you secretly wish he'd play.

I am going to leave nominations open at least a day, maybe longer depending on the response I get. So, get your nominations in here quickly!

The following is a short list of songs I thought of, in no particular order:

Pantera - Cemetery Gates
Pantera - Walk
Pantera - This Love
Slayer - Raining in Blood
Slayer - Epidemic
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
Black Sabbath - War Pigs
Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave
Black Sabbath - Sweat Leaf
Anthrax - I Am the Law
Anthrax - Caught in a Mosh
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowley

And many, many more ... but you tell me.

No comments: