Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday notes

A day spent doing laundry, watching TV, and hanging out with the kids.

A really cool documentary.I watched this really great documentary about the life and work of Frank Frazetta on the Independent Film Channel. It was fantastic. Frazetta's always been my favorite fantasy artist and I would consider him on the short list of my favorite artists of any genre.

Though I haven't had a subscription in a few years, I used to read Heavy Metal religiously. And you could easily say that every artist featured in that book was inspired in some way by Frazetta. The documentary featured some of the luminaries in the fantasy field -- Simon Bisley, Michael Kaluta, Neal Adams, Bernie Wrightson, John Buscema, and many others. I was held rapt. If you have the opportunity to watch it, I highly suggest it.

After the documentary, we tried to figure out things to do. We tried talking the kids into reading books, but no. We had convinced Daughter #1 to try and draw a comic strip (she's recently developed a like for comic strips/comics). She told me she was going to draw a comic strip about talking brains that rain from the sky -- a brain storm. My seven year old. I love my kids.

No comments: