Sunday, April 23, 2006

Doctor Who: Season 2 Ep. 2 - Tooth and Claw

Image hosting by PhotobucketSo, last week I gave The New Earth an A, which in retrospect might have been a high mark. Having watched it again, I might rate it a high B. But that's what you get at the beginning of the season. Big special effects, neat new scenery and the fact that you've waited the better part of a year for one of your favorite shows EVER to come back on the air can artificially raise the quality rating a bit. No worries though, it was still enjoyable.

However, tempered by a twice-watched season opener, I cranked up episode two: Tooth and Claw. The episode has Rose and the Doctor wanting to go to 1979 England but they wind up, shockingly in 1879.

Image hosting by PhotobucketThe plot rotates around a werewolf, the Queen of England, kung fu-practicing monks, and Torchwood. I'll leave plot devices at that, but for those of you staying in the know about such things, Torchwood is the name of an upcoming Doctor Who spinoff show that will star Capt. Jack of season one fame (it's also an anagram of Doctor Who).

This week's episode was a little scary for my younguns (I love that they love Doctor Who), but they still liked it enough. The story, while not captivating, didn't cheese out as much as last week. I give Tooth and Claw a B+.

No comments: