Saturday, April 29, 2006

Review: Tool - 10,000 Days

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting If you are a Tool fan, then you mostly likely sighed with great relief when their new album 10,000 Days was announced. But, there's always the inevitable questions that both precede and succeed such announcements: "What are they doing?" "Are they breaking up?" "Why did it take so long to make the album?" "Is it going to be worth the wait?"

Well, anyone willing to go check out their website or the quarter of the internet devoted to talking about these guys can find out that the band is well and good. I can't answer the last two questions, I don't know and you'll have the answer the last one for yourself.

I will tell you that if you liked Lateralus this new offering is well worth your time. There are no surprises here. There are plenty of the ambient harmonics and odd polyrythms that Tool are famous for. And, honestly, I'd probably have to listen to this album for a good long time before I can specifically point out the amazing moments because there is so much going on in their music that it takes time to ingest it. I will say that the first four songs on the album will just blow you away.

10,000 Days is another great album. I don't know if I was jonesing for a new Tool fix, but it certainly is nice to have one. Highly recommended.

No comments: