Monday, January 29, 2007

SO Angry

I had to wait to post this. I was so mad. I'm still mad. But I won't destroy the keyboard typing in anger like I would have Saturday.

I got home from school Saturday around 2:30 p.m. My wife and kids had been out most of the day doing wife and kid kind of things. After I got in, my daughters wanted to go outside. I'm all for outside play (read: noise outside rather than inside, AND they get exercise). They get dressed and pile out the door. Then I hear one of the most heartbreaking things I've heard in my life. My oldest daughter said, "Where's my bike?"

Some coward, some ... asshole ... stole a seven-year-old girl's bike. I mean, WTF?

Fortunately, I had the financial means to buy her a new bike. We went out, me and my two girls, and did a little shopping together. It turned into a good afternoon.

I was so pissed I had to build something. If I hadn't, I would have broken something. So, my wife got a shelf built in a cabinet that she's been asking me to do for months.

Funny how something so wrong can be a catalyst for good things.

Still pissed about it though.

No comments: