Monday, January 08, 2007

You're not the one that I want

Can you believe that I've never seen Grease in its entirety? I've seen bits and pieces through the years, but it's just never appealed to me. Not my kind of show.

But I did watch You're The One That I Want last night. Very much an American Idol format, but they're really speeding through it so you don't really get the opportunity to form any attachments to any of the contestants. At least not at this point.

At different portions of the show, they would say, "Did your favorites make it through?" My wife and I were both like, "We only seen these people for five minutes, we have no favorites." The format is less personal than AI, it seems, and you don't connect with the people auditioning.

Not sure if I'll be back for the next episode.

My latest entry is up at Faster Than The World. Go by and check it out.

No comments: