Friday, April 06, 2007

Daddy! Daddy ...

Me: What is it, hon'?

Daughter Number 2: Can you take the training wheels off of my bike? I want to try and ride it without them.

Daughter Number 1: And I'm going to help teach her how.

Me: Sure, if you think you're ready.

DN2: I'm ready!

And I grab my channel locks, grab her bike and pull off the training wheels. I also pump up her tires some more.

DN2: How long did it take you to ride without training wheels DN1?

DN1: About 10 seconds.

DN2: Oh, I hope I can do it fast.

As I finish pumping up the tires, my wife comes home from a quick trip to the store. I fill her in on what's going on and she goes to help DN2 get going. I turn my back to put the air pump away and before I can turn back around my wife's calling for me to look. DN2 is up on the bike pedaling away. No time to learn, no falling, no extra effort, she's just riding.

DN2: Wow, that took me, like, one second.

No comments: