Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Heroic failure

Heroes, look, I love the show, OK? But when you go on an extended hiatus for no apparent reason, when you come back, you can't just pick up and carry on like there was no break in service. You need to do something big, answer some questions and make us happy that you're back.

Last night's show was all right; it would have been considered good if I hadn't had to wait several weeks since the last episode. And next week ... a "what if?" episode? Come on, guys, we don't give a flip about "what if?" right now. We want build up and resolution.

Too late to do anything about it now, of course, but you guys need to heed this warning. This constant build up, promise of resolution and copping out in the answer episode smacks of Lost and will cost you audience in the long run. The next few episodes have better be damn good.

UPDATE: Yeah! This too!

Actually, if I'd had the presence of mind I would have mentioned in this post when I originally wrote it. The first thing I thought when Linderman layed out his plans was that the writers of the show had obviously read Watchmen.

Whatever, it'd just better get better.

No comments: