Monday, November 03, 2008

Sometimes it's hard to say no

I hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween. We trick-or-treated on base using a co-worker's home as a starting point. The kids got loaded up with candy and a good time was had by all.

We went to the mall on Saturday. Didn't really intend to buy anything there (and didn't, outside of some snacks), but the girls wanted to go. We went. The first thing -- have y'all noticed the drop in prices on flat-screen TVs? We enter the mall through Sears and they had knocked $100-$200 off their prices. Pretty darn cool. I'm keeping my eyes peeled. I think another month or so of this economy and we should see even better deals sprouting.

Getting into the mall proper, we had some pretzel snacks and then went into the Disney store. I'm of two minds about this place. One, it's neat to have a little slice of that Disney atmosphere in the mall, but two, that place can be darn annoying.

The first thing my three-year-old noticed in the store was a Wall-E set of figures. So I took him over to the boy's section and there he noticed the Power Rangers stuff. They have this new helmet thing you can wear and it's got a USB cord for computer connectivity for some reason, anyway, it was $90. Of couse, the boy is like, "I want that! I want that!" and I have to say, "No, Bo, I'm sorry, we're not getting that."

He stops, looks at me and says, "Momma say yes!" This is something he's been pulling a lot lately to try and get his way. It was just too funny in this context though and I had to go over to J-Mom and tell her. She tells Bo-bo that she didn't say yes to that and then he asks her, "Daddy say yes?"

Cute kids make it hard sometimes.

No comments: