Friday, March 17, 2006

Because I'm All About the Guitar Pt. 21: Cop out

Well, first of all, happy St. Patrick's Day! A pinch to ya' if you're not wearing green.

I have been so busy getting together a presentation and other materials for a class I'm taking, that I wasn't able to put together anything for this week's BIAAtG. So, in lieu of anything I would normally write, I would like to share a couple of my favorite online resources regarding guitars.

Harmony Central: A fantastic resource for rock instruments. They provide news about what's going on in the world of instruments and amplification as well as peer reviews, tablature and message forums (which I would avoid). If you're looking at a guitar and want to know what people are saying about it, this is a great place to find out. I also like their interactive lessons.

Guitar Noise: It hasn't been that long ago that I got tired of how much I suck at actually playing the guitar. So I looked around the 'net for some good instructional resources. Guitar Noise is a site that is primarily geared toward guitar instruction for beginning and intermediate guitarists. I'm not fond of the way the site is desgined, but the information there is very good.

Hope ya'll burdgeoning guitarists check 'em out and let me know what you think.

Previous installments:
Part 20: Lenny Kravitz;
Part 19: Is it guitar or is it Korg?;
Part 18: A beautiful guitar;
Part 17: Getting all amped up over the sound;
Part 16: Not quite plug and play;
Part 15.25: Don't let Gibson buy your company;
Part 15: The greatest guitarist you've never heard of;
Part 14: The finish;
Part 13: Vernon Reid;
Part 12: The vibrato tremolo;
Part 11: Jimmy Page;
Part 10: What's in the wood?;
Part 9: Rebuilding a guitar;
Part 8: G3 2005;
Part 7: John Petrucci;
Part 6: Chingon;
Part 5: Home recording on the cheapity cheap;
Part 4.01: Guitar Zen;
Part 4: Full service Friday -- concert going in 1993;
Part 3.5: Gretsch guitars;
Part 3: The Reverend Horton Heat;
Part 2: Back when I thought I could play;
Part 1: Zakk Wylde then and now

No comments: