Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Quotational Mojo

I'm stealing some Mojo from Suzette and some therapy from Will.

When I realized the other day that my throwing out my back was due primarily to stress and weight, it was also a wake up call for my lifestyle. I must eat better. I must drink more water. I must exercise.

I have said these things before, recently, but I now have a plan. I am enacting subtle changes to my life in steady increments so as to not shock the system -- at first anyway. Not staying chained to my desk at the office is one of those ways. Taking short walks at lunch, as weather permits, is another. There will be more changes, but these are baby steps as I can't seem to break myself from my current routine.

On that note, here's a favorite quote of mine that has helped me in the past when I'm about to embark on a difficult journey or task:

It will be difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.
- Miyamoto Musashi

No comments: