Monday, October 10, 2005

Nearly complete duff albums

Emily's got a post up about No Duff albums. There are some great ones listed.

But what I'm interested in is what albums have you bought that were supposed to be good, but had one or two good tracks on it?

I don't want trash albums. What albums did you buy that were from bands you respect(ed), but just didn't pull through.

I've got a couple:
Electriclarryland, Butthole Surfers
I got this based on the strength of the single Pepper and how good Independent Worm Saloon was. It should have been a good album. But, alas, Pepper was the only good tune on the disc.

By the Way,
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The single, By the Way, sounded so much like Californication, which was such a strong return to their Blood Sugar Sex Magic days that I rushed out to get this. Well, it wasn't worth it. Again, another album where only the lead track is any good. In a way I'm glad. It appears that Anthony Keadis seems to be getting his head on straight. He's calmed down and it shows in his music. Which is killing it.

I hate to admit this one, but:
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb,
U2
Okay, I fell for Vertigo (ha, ha). But it got old so fast ... and the rest of the album sucks so bad ... Ugh! What happened to U2? I want to like them again. They used to be important, virile music. Now they're parodies of themselves. A rage against the corporate machines they are.

Anyone else?

No comments: